What If I’m Injured by Someone with No Insurance?

Every state in the U.S. requires minimum mandatory insurance coverage for crashes. Insurance liability policies include a maximum coverage amount per person as well as a maximum coverage amount per accident. After the person who was responsible for causing an accident is sued, their insurance company will typically handle any claims related to the accident.

When a person who is found liable for an accident does not carry an insurance policy with enough coverage for all the damages caused by the accident, coverage is sometimes available through uninsured or underinsured motorists coverage. This type of insurance is designed to protect drivers and their passengers after an accident even when they are not at fault. This type of coverage may not be available in every case because it is generally not required by state law. In Los Angeles, and throughout the rest of California, uninsured motorist coverage is optional.

If you are injured and DO have uninsured motorist coverage, it is advised that you speak to an experienced Los Angeles Car Accident Lawyer prior to speaking with your own insurer. The advice is free. You may or may not need to retain the attorney. If an attorney thinks they can help you obtain more compensation for your injuries than you would on your own, a good attorney will offer their services to you.

It is also important not to rule out other liable parties on your own. An experienced attorney will discover all parties which are liable and hold them accountable.

Allen Vaysberg
Personal Injury Lawyer at Law Offices of Steers and Associates
Allen Vaysberg practices personal injury law and works tirelessly to defeat the tactics of insurance companies and large corporations who try to deny justice and fair compensation to injured people.

You may also like...

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *